Ironing Board Cover

Have you found a place with great free patterns or projects? This is the place to post the link.

Moderator: Tina W

Ironing Board Cover

Postby annmarie » Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:50 pm

Quilted Ironing Board Cover

2 Yards of Fabric

2 Yards of Muslin

Batting - Crib Size

3 Yards of 1/2" Wide Ribbon

Coordinating Thread

* Note: all seams are 1/4"

Lay your fabric right side down on the floor. Place your ironing board on top. Add 3.5" to the perimeter of the ironing board. Trace. Cut along traced line.
Cut batting and muslin to match quilt top. Sandwich batting between muslin and quilt top. Baste and quilt as desired.
Serge, pink, overcast, or zig-zag perimeter to prevent fraying.

Press and pin perimeter 3/4" to the wrong side. Edge stitch perimeter to create a channel for the ribbon drawstring. Be sure to leave a 3" opening in the back of the cover to thread ribbon!
On the center back of quilt top (directly above 3" opening), sew a buttonhole parallel to stitched line. Slice open with an X-acto knife.

Thread 3 yds of ½ in ribbon through button hole and entire ironing board channel. Hand stitch 3" opening closed, leaving only enough room for threaded ribbon. Place quilted cover on ironing board. Pull ribbon snugly and tie in a bow!
annmarie
Quilting Buddy

Re: Ironing Board Cover

Postby Tina W » Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:32 am

Thanks for posting this Annmarie. I need a new cover. My iron leaked and discolored the one I have.
Hugs,
Tina W

"My soul is fed with needle and thread"
http://www.paparazziaccessories.com/29920
Tina W
Site Admin

Return to Great Free Patterns and Projects